How many times have you enthusiastically started a weight loss program, aerobics program, or started learning a foreign language, only to stop after a short while? How many times have you tried to make changes in your life, to study a certain subject? But failed for lack of motivation? Sometimes we have the motivation and the enthusiasm to start a new project. But after a while, we lose the motivation and stop doing what we started to do. When this happens, we begin wondering what we can do to motivate ourselves and continue to the finish line. Here are 11 Ways that helps keep your Motivation alive.
11 Ways to keep your Motivation alive
- Think about and analyze your goal to find out if you really want to reach it. Is it worth the time? Maybe you don’t really want it. It is easier to become motivated and stay motivated when you are sure of what you want.
- Make your goal very clear. Writing it down will help you describe it in clear terms. The more specific it is, the easier it would be to focus and motivate yourself.
- Think often about your goal or desire, its benefits, and how your life will look like after reaching it. This will awaken your emotions, which provide the driving force and enthusiasm to pursue your goal.
- Visualize how your life will be after you get what you want. Imagine how you will feel after reaching your goal.
- Make workable plans, with easy-to-follow small steps, and insist on at least one step a day. This will give you confidence and make you believe that the goal is within your reach.
- Read books or articles on the subject of your goal. They will keep your mind focused on and focused on your goal.
- Read about successful people. It would inspire you to emulate them and do what they did. You can find books, articles, and videos about them by searching them on the Internet.
- Read inspirational quotes related to the topic of your goal. I suggest you read a few in the morning and again in the evening before you fall asleep.
- If you are depressed and have no desire to do anything, you need to muster all the strength you have and go out for a walk. Never allow yourself to stay in a bad mood no matter how you feel.
- When you need a dose of motivation, you will find it helpful to repeat positive affirmations to yourself.
- Start taking small steps towards your goal now. Don’t wait for the right opportunity and the right time. Every moment is the right moment, otherwise it is only procrastination.
Importance of having small goals and taking small steps
When it comes to long-term goals, it is not always easy to maintain motivation for a long time, unless you have a strong ambition. This is why it is wiser to start with small goals, which you can accomplish fairly quickly. After learning how to arouse motivation and increase your ambition, you can move on to more important goals.
If you want to achieve a certain goal, but you do not feel motivated enough to act, it means that the desire or the goal is not important enough. To be motivated to act and do something related to your goal, you must have a strong desire.